Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
A healthy option to a messy sandwich without the bread!
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsps liquid aminos or tamari
- 4-6 organic green bell peppers, tops cut off and chopped (throw away stems), and ribs and seeds cleaned out
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 container mushrooms, sliced
- 8-12 thin slices organic, raw cheese
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put the hollowed peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minus, just to soften a bit.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef with salt, pepper, chopped green pepper tops and onions.
When the beef is browned and the peppers and onions are soft, add the liquid aminos and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are slightly cooked.
Put a slice of cheese into the bottom of the peppers, fill with ground beef mixture, and top with another slice of cheese.
Cook in the 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you have leftover cheese steak mixture, you can bake it in an oven-safe dish with cheese over top.