Overview of the Recipe
Cabbage is such a healthy vegetable- it is often referred to as “natures broom” because of its fiber content and aiding in detoxification . It is also a good source of vitamin K and vitamin C and is known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
This recipe is courtesy of Kim Roberto. You can find this recipe and many others at https://smartmeals.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/curried-cabbage/
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced or chunked
- 1 cup grated carrots, optional (leave out for Advanced Plan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsps curry powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large skillet over high heat. Heat the oil and butter and sautee the onion, carrot (optional), and garlic until the onion begins to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, coconut, and curry powder; sautee for 2 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; pour in the coconut milk, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook to desired doneness.